Emerging from the union of autonomous artists with a common desire to develop their research and artistic creations, VULCÃO [criação e pesquisa cênica] has built up projects of theatrical investigation transposing LITERATURE master pieces to the STAGE. Dealing with the subject of WOMEN’s SOCIAL ROLE, the group has already created shows based in the work of three great female authors from the 20th century - Clarice Lispector, Sylvia Plath and Marguerite Duras.
Formed by Elisa Volpatto, Livia Vilela, Paulo Salvetti, Rita Grillo and Vanessa Bruno, VULCÃO wants to create a dialogue between different art forms, joining dance, theater, literature and video, and understands the actor’s work as the main motor on its artistic constructions. The members of VULCÃO establish democratic relationships to each other. They welcome the uniqueness of each one and expose their projects to a constant exchange, without thematic, aesthetic or hierarchical imposition, in order to express “what boils inside them”.
VULCÃO participated for 4 consecutive years on the Artistic Residency Program (Programa Obras em Construção) at Casa das Caldeiras, in São Paulo, to develop their new projects.
- PULSE run at Teatro Poeira. VULCÃO TALKS 7th edition – Rio de Janeiro
- WATERS OF THE WORLD’s premiere along with PULSE presentations at Recife SESC Santo Amaro. VULCÃO TALKS 8th edition – Recife.
- TRILOGY of MONOLOGUES with plays WATERS OF THE WORLD, PULSE and THE PAIN at Teatro de Contêiner Mugunzá. VULCÃO TALKS 9th edition – São Paulo.
- ORLANDX open rehearsals at Festival MIX BRASIL at CCSP (Centro Cultural São Paulo) and at Centro Cultural da Diversidade - Teatro Décio de Almeida Prado. VULCÃO TALKS 10th edition – São Paulo.
- THE MALAQUIAS (collaborative project between Vulcão and the french company Le Syndicat d'Initiative) - bilingual reading at Brazilian Embassy - Paris
- WATERS OF THE WORLD open rehearsal at Mostra Tempo Forte II - Casa das Caldeiras - São Paulo
- THE MALAQUIAS bilingual reading at Book Hall - Paris
- PULSE presentations at Teatro Nós Mesmos. VULCÃO TALKS 5th edition - Itu
- THE MALAQUIAS open rehearsal at Bordeaux National Theater (Théâtre National de Bordeaux en Aquitaine)
- RUMINAR (thinking dinner project) - Casa das Caldeiras - São Paulo
- PULSE run at Zona Franca Theater. VULCÃO TALKS 6th edition – São Paulo
- WATERS OF THE WORLD open rehearsal at Mostra Tempo Forte - Casa das Caldeiras - São Paulo
- ORLANDX open rehearsal at Mostra Tempo Forte - Casa das Caldeiras - São Paulo
- THE PAIN run at Pequeno Ato Theater. VULCÃO TALKS 2nd edition – São Paulo
- WORKSHOP - Vulcão Rehearsal Room - at Pequeno Ato Theater - São Paulo
- WATERS OF THE WORLD starts creation process
- TRAINING at Casa das Caldeiras - São Paulo
- THINKING GAME run at Décio de Almeida Prado Theater – São Paulo
- THE MALAQUIAS starts creation process
- PULSE run at Cemitério de Automóveis Theater. VULCÃO TALKS 3rd edition – São Paulo
- THE PAIN run at Pequeno Ato Theater. VULCÃO TALKS 4th edition – São Paulo
- THE PAIN presentation at SESC São Caetano - São Caetano do Sul
- PULSE and THE PAIN first run at SESC Consolação – São Paulo
- WORKSHOP Vulcão Rehearsal Room - SESC Consolação – São Paulo
- PULSE run at Viga Espaço Cênico – São Paulo
- PULSE and THINKING GAME run at Eugênio Kusnet Arena Theater. VULCÃO TALKS 1st edition – São Paulo
- PULSE run at Usina do Gasômetro – Porto Alegre
- WORKSHOP Vulcão Test Room - Usina do Gasômetro – Porto Alegre
- TRAINING starts at Casa das Caldeiras
- PULSE open rehearsal at Casa das Caldeiras - São Paulo
- THE PAIN starts creation process
- THINKING GAME presentations at SESC São José dos Campos – São José dos Campos
- THINKING GAME run at Livraria da Villa’s Theater – São Paulo
- THINKING GAME presentation at Virada Cultural - São José do Rio Preto
- THINKING GAME run at SESC Pinheiros – São Paulo
- PULSE starts creation process
- THE PAIN starts translation process
- THINKING GAME first run at Centro da Cultura Judaica/ Mostra Palcos – São Paulo
- THINKING GAME starts creation process
- THINKING GAME presentations at SESC Itaquera – São Paulo
- THINKING GAME presentations at SESC Santos - Santos